Friday, November 4, 2011

GROC

I was recently invited to become a board member of GROC, the Genesee Regional Off-Road Cyclists.


GROC is an organization of volunteers that has brought the Rochester area so many shared-use trails.  They are the stewards of four parks in our region:
Dryer Road Park in Victor
Ontario County Park in South Bristol
Tryon Park in Rochester
Irondequoit Bay Park West in Rochester


Because of GROC’s efforts, Tryon and Bay Park West are the first two out of the 21 Monroe County Parks to allow legal off-road cycling under a shared-use pilot program.

Two years ago I started working with the Friends of Webster Trails.  Just over a year ago, GROC got the go ahead to start working in Bay Park West and I began helping them.

I expect to officially become a board member at the next GROC meeting.  Hopefully as a board member I can contribute to GROC in a bigger way.

No comments:

Post a Comment