Sunday, December 4, 2011

Warm December

We had another unusually warm weekend with temperatures over 50°F by afternoon.

I rode at Whiting and Webster to enjoy the fruits of my leaf blowing labor.  I saw a bunch of people out there, about a dozen mountain bikers and even more hikers.  I stopped to talk to one mountain biker and he was happy the trails were cleared and praised whoever did it.  It was me!

It WAS nice to have the rails cleared for my ride.  Unfortunately the trails were muddy in many places.  I guess we had some rain during a few nights ago, but it was suggested to me that the frost might be the culprit.  Either way, there are plenty of spots that need attention.

After my muni ride, Jamie came over and we practiced in the driveway.  He's been making great progress, and continued to make progress this afternoon.  He rode past four houses up the street and free mounted several times.  Nice!  I made a bit of progress in my hopping, trying to building up to rolling hops.

My muni ride was about 9 miles.
Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2011-12-04

No comments:

Post a Comment