Monday, February 16, 2015

Frozen

It's been very cold out and we've gotten a lot of snow.  If I recall, we usually have a thaw every few weeks or sooner, but this winter is just solid cold.  If the combination of snow, cold and wind is right, I just might get out for a ride, but for now I've been content with working-out in the house.  I continue to do a free-form combination of P90X, Insanity, Fitness Blender, free weights, and now StrongLifts 5x5.

A coworker of mine turned me on to StrongLifts 5x5 and so far I'm liking it.  It's rather straight-forward barbell exercises for strength.  It's fast and I can still do some other workouts after.  It starts out with an empty bar (45 lbs) and slowly adds 5 or 10 lbs each week.  Maybe that's why I'm liking it... because it's easy!  At least for now.

There was a local fat bike race planned this past Sunday at North Ponds Park: The Mac5 Bike Winter Fat Tire Festival . The high temperature for the day was going to be 1°F, plus snow, so it was rescheduled for March 1st.  I still haven't registered but it's something I'm thinking about.  Again, why pay to ride a uni at a bike event with no hope of winning or prizes?  The excitement and pressure to represent helps push me to ride harder and continue to train.  If I'm convinced the trail will be rideable and not dangerously cold, I might join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment