Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Cool Ride

What a great temperature for riding today! It was something like 57F and a slight breeze. I was chilly at first and wore a long sleeve over my short sleeve shirt, but removed it, as anticipated, near the end of my first mile.

I should have checked my tire pressure before leaving the house. I guess I have a small leak because my tire was way softer than at the end of my last ride. Maybe the temperature change was enough to lower the pressure though. It was my fat tire and thankfully I always bring a mini pump in my CamelBak. And thankfully the pump worked very well. The presta valve stem on my tube unscrews way too easily and when I removed the plastic cap on it, the whole stem came out and I lost most of the air. It's no big deal to put it back, but with the small pump and a fat tire I was worried it was going to take forever to fill but it was only a minute.

I took a similar path as last time, through Webster Park and into Whiting, but added green trail down and back. On that trail I felt my leg muscles bordering on cramping and had to easy up on hill climbing, but overall I felt a little more in shape than the last ride. I haven't been working out though, so it might just be the cooler temperature helping me.

6.5 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment