Friday, June 11, 2010

Ride at OCP

I took the day off from work today and rode at the Ontario County Park in Naples, NY.
I had never been there before but I heard they had some good mountain biking trails. They probably ARE, but on a muni they're pretty tough. Unlike the other trails I've been to so far, these are super rocky and there are a lot of depressions. This picture doesn't really portray the difficulty, but it gives the idea... rocky. I should have taken more pictures or some video.If these weren't there, the elevation changes wouldn't be too bad. As it is, it's very difficult to climb any inclines. This is partly because of the rocks on the incline itself, but also because by the time I got to the inclines I was spent from navigating obstacles and fighting to keep balanced. Downhill was fine. So the ride was on and off. I probably walked 50% of some trails. It was kind of frustrating to be at trails with slope angles I could definitely handle, but I couldn't ride well because of the surface was crazy.
The trails are designed well, but the trail material just isn't for me.
I probably won't go back there anytime soon, but I'm glad I spent the time to check it out.

There is a lookout deck there with a nice view:


Muni at OCP - 2010-06-11

No comments:

Post a Comment