Saturday, October 23, 2010

17.5 Mile Muni Ride

I wanted to break my past distance record, which was about 15 miles. So I pushed and rode further today. 17.5 miles (28km)! My average speed was 6.2 mph.
I basically did three of my usual laps at Whiting and Webster Park instead on two.

I made it up the hardest hill I ride, and a bunch of other difficult hills. I had a few spectators at some challenging hills, including my hardest, which was cool. It seems more official if there are witnesses.

I keep going to Whiting and Webster Park. My other options are Bay Park East, Bay Park West, Tryon, and Dryer. But all of these have more hills closer together. Usually when I ride at these I go for a shorter time because I get whipped sooner. But I should probably revisit one soon. Maybe Bay Park West, because there has been a lot of work going on there for the county shared-use pilot program.

My GPS says only 15.8 miles, but it's always less. And as expected, the farther I go, the farther off it is. It thinks I was going 25 mph at some point too, and fell off a cliff.

Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2010-10-23


No comments:

Post a Comment