Friday, January 7, 2011

Koxx-One Black Domina II

I've been wanting to play around more on my uni and try to learn some more skills. Buying a 20" wheeled uni crossed my mind every once in a while.

I saw a great sale on Koxx-One (K1) unis, so I picked one.
The Koxx-One Black Domina II:

Camouflage seat. A must have for all uni riders.


A 20" wheel uni is generally used in flatland, street, and trials.

- Flatland or flat is basically performing tricks on flat ground.
- Street focuses on performing tricks on a variety of urban obstacles like curbs, ledges, stairs and hand rails.
- Trials focuses on trying to overcome various obstacles such as ledges, gaps, and skinnies.

I don't plan on concentrating on any of these styles but I'd like to learn certain skills from each: improved hops, riding SIF (seat in front), still stands, skinnies, wheel walking, gliding, crank flips, 180 and 360 unispins, and more.
Some skills might help me ride my 24" muni through more technical trails, and some might just add some flare to my ride. That's the theory anyway.

2 comments:

  1. hey i'm getting this one too for cheap i hear the frame is weak and the seat wears out but idk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know either. I did read about some past problems with K1 frames, but not specifically the Black Domina II. But even then, I didn't see any specific problems. So maybe people are just repeating what they've heard.
    For me this uni is just for messing around with. I doubt I'll be able to do anything hardcore enough to hurt it.

    ReplyDelete