Wednesday, July 11, 2012

2012 Fat Tire Weeknight Series Race #5

Weeks ago I rode the Fat Tire Weeknight Series Race #1.  I skipped the next three.  I was sick for #2, thought it was too hot for #3, and was too sore for #4.

This evening I rode race #5.

I used my high gear quite a bit more than usual, though my average speed was about the same as last race.  This may have been because the course was slightly modified and I had a somewhat significant UPD.

There used to be a relatively steep rooty downhill that has been replaced with a freshly cut winding trail, probably for safety concerns.  Unfortunately this new trail is not yet well formed and is a battle of humps and bumps.  It added a bit of distance to the course and was also significantly slower than the previous trail.

On a smooth section I had a UPD at a high speed.  I stepped off hard and did a tuck and roll.  My left hamstring must have extended hard because it cramped up and was unusable for a few minutes. I sat on the side of the trail until I could ride.  I got a little dirty and have a few abrasions but nothing bad.  I think a mountain biker was fairly close behind me and probably got a good chuckle.

It seemed like there were more riders to me.  I must have dismounted to let riders past like 100 times.  It's kind of crazy and breaks up my riding, but that's the deal.

Fat Tire Weeknight Series Race #5 - 2012-07-11

No comments:

Post a Comment