Saturday, August 2, 2014

Trail Work at Four Mile Creek

Work has been busy and we've been getting so much rain.  Those are my excuses for not riding since the race two weeks ago.  Maybe tomorrow.

I also haven't done any trail work so far this year.  But this morning I went to the monthly Friends of Webster Trails work day at Four Mile Creek Preserve.  We cleared a new trail on the east side of Salt Creek.  Most of the ~10 people were cutting vegetation away and raking.  I took the job of chopping out the ankle-twisting sapling stumps.

At the end of out work we hiked to Salt Creek where a group has been working for over a week on a new bridge.  It's coming together nicely.

It was good to get out and help with the trails.  I should have taken some pictures and mapped the trail with GPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment