Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

The last time I rode, it was 3 weeks since the previous ride.  Now I managed to have a 4 1/2 week gap between rides.  I'm not sure why but I just didn't feel motivated to ride.  But today I felt the urge and took a few hours off work to ride at Webster Park and Whiting.

I remembered to bring my folding saw with me in case I could clear any small downed trees or limbs.  I got the opportunity several times.  Here are some before and after pics:





There were also a good number of big fallen trees the could use a chainsaw.  Most I've seen before.

It was about 60F out which was a nice riding temperature.  It's a good time of year to ride.

At the end of the Green trail at Whiting I found a bench that wasn't there last time.  Since Green is a down-and-back trail, it was nice to have a spot to rest and refuel. And it's positioned to sneak a view of the lake across Lake Rd.  Pics:


I assume it's another Friends of Webster Trails scout project.  I forgot to read the plaque before I left. 

Despite not having ridden in a while, I made the short but steep climb at the end of the Green.   Yay me.  Overall I felt pretty good riding, but I could tell I fatigued quicker than normal.  I need to get back in shape.

My GPS failed to record my ride from the bench back to the parking lot.  I rode about 5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment