Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Big Field of Dreams

Working toward my dream of getting back into muni shape I rode again, this time I went to the Big Field trail. I rode my fat tire uni again and rode 3 laps with a diversion into the single-track side trail.
My ride was 3.7 miles.
The Big Field trail itself had me huffing and puffing on the three short climbs it has. The side trail was a bigger challenge and while I did fine, it confirmed I have work to do. Nothing is super crazy there, but the downhills worried me more than they should and the uphills had me redlining. There's an uphill switchback at the end that I UPDed on about 3/5 up and it took me a few solid minutes to catch my breath before continuing. I think I'll use this short trail to measure my progress. I should be able to ride this with no UPDs and come out breathing hard but not seeing stars.

This ride felt a lot different than my Hojack rides, making me tired more quickly in my muscles and breathing and less sore in my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment