Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting Colder

I took a few hours vacation from work this afternoon to go riding. It was supposed to be a high of 55F but it felt a bit cooler when I got out. I wore shorts and short sleeves and it was good once I warmed up. Any cooler and I'll have to wear long sleeves.

I saw Joe, an old high school friend, and his family on the trail. That was cool. We had a nice talk and briefly caught up. It was kind of funny that he didn't really seem particularly surprised about the mountain unicycling.

I got some good reactions from several other people on the trails. One teenage boy on a bike watched me come through a mildly technical area and said something like "You have so much talent!". He seemed genuinely in awe. I got a few "Oh my god!" comments and the usual murmurs: ".... a unicycle...", "... cool...", ".... look!"

I made it up my nemesis hill on the orange trail on my second lap. I feel good about that. I think my technique is a kind of lunging forward and upward. I should record that and analyze it sometime.

According to my cycle computer I rode 8.39 miles with an average speed of 6.0 mph.

Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2010-11-10

No comments:

Post a Comment