Sunday, October 30, 2011

Circus

The family and I went to The Greatest Show on Earth this afternoon, The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus!

Of course the first thing that comes to mind when people see unicycles is the circus!  So it was especially exciting for me to go and see so many unicy.... WHAT?!  No unicycles at the circus?  Not a single one.
The closest thing was a penny farthing in the opening introduction.
Penny Farthing
Oh well.  I guess unicycles aren't for circuses anymore.  So to get my fix I went riding at Bay Park West after the show.

A few awesome guys from Tryon Bike shop and members of GROC do miles of leaf blowing at this park.  With the otherwise wet leaves covering the trails, I wouldn't have been able to ride there like I did.  THANKS GUYS!  By the way, this is what you get when you open up a park to off-road cycling... a team of volunteers to build and maintain your trails for free.

It was about 50°F but I just wore shorts and a short sleeve shirt.  It felt cold at first and I thought maybe I had made a mistake.  But after about 10 minutes I felt ok.  Any colder and I think I'll wear long sleeves, at least to start.

I only rode about 3 miles.  I think the colder air is harder to ride in and I felt kind of worn out towards the evening.  And BPW is a tough park too.  My knee didn't bother me but my lower back was very tight after my ride.  It felt like a good workout.

Muni at Bay Park West - 2011-10-30

No comments:

Post a Comment