Sunday, April 20, 2014

West Bay - Open For Business

Finally several of the local trail parks have been reported as dry enough to ride: West Bay and Dryer.  So today I rode at West Bay.  It feels like my first real local muni ride this year, only because my Big Field and Hojack training rides weren't technical and hilly enough.

I probably would have eased into my spring muni riding at Webster and Whiting, but I've heard they're still quite muddy.  West Bay is tough and I confirmed that today.  Heart pounding, lungs burning, legs burning, borderline stomach queasy, and my mind yelling at me to stop, lay down trail-side and take a nap.  What is it that I like about this sport?  lol  I'm pretty sure it was easier to ride at the end of last year.  Maybe I'm just having an off day, but more likely I'm not quite back into shape, despite my winter training and Singlespeed-a-Palooza success.

West Bay definitely was in good riding condition.  There was no mud and I only saw a few tire ruts along the trail edge.  I also saw some mountain bikers out there enjoying their spring.

Typical with West Bay, my mileage was low but I got a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment