Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Back to Working Out

So I started working out and eating healthy for six consecutive days but then I got sick with a cold: a nasty sore throat, tight chest, and then head congestion.  It's been going around.  While sick I didn't exercise and I allowed myself more comfort foods.  It took me a week and a half to feel up to working out again.  Tonight I finished my third day and I feel back on track.

I want to both lose some weight and get stronger.  When I started working out almost three weeks ago I weighed 149 lbs.  That might be below average, but it was the most I've ever weighed.  I could feel the belly fat moving around when I exercised.  Now I'm at 144 lbs, a 5 lb loss, and starting to feel a bit thinner and stronger.

In the past I did  P90X and Insanity.  Those are both quite difficult and routines are something like 45 to 90 minutes.  I still haven't forgotten the pain and monotony from last year, so I've been easing into it with some new-to-me routines: Fitness Blender's "5 Day Workout Challenge for Busy People".  These aren't quite as intense and are only about 30 minutes each, but at least for now still make me sore.  Soon I'll probably switch to a mix of Fitness Blender's more difficult routines, P90X, and Insanity.

I still haven't sat on a unicycle in months.  Since I've recovered from being sick it's been either super windy or super cold outside.  I do hope to get some saddle time soon.  Speaking of which, for Christmas my in-laws bought me a Kris Holm Fusion Zero saddle.  Unlike traditional curved unicycle saddles, it's flat.  Apparently riders are finding this comfortable.  I haven't installed it on a uni yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment