Sunday, January 11, 2015

Finally... A Ride!

It was warmer today at just barely freezing temperature.  I rode from home down the Hojack Trail and back on my geared 29er.  From the start my legs were sore because I did my 5 day Fitness Blender workout and then yesterday "the mother of all P90X workouts, Plyometrics.


I felt a bit rusty and felt fatigued in my legs, back and shoulders for most of my ride.  I was pleased that my saddle didn't really bother me much despite not riding for months.  I didn't use my new saddle yet.  The Hojack was mostly snow covered and so more bumpy than in the summer.  I realized part way through my ride that riding my 29er in high gear was like having a 45" wheel, so with that and the snow, it's no wonder why it'd be difficult.  I did downshift a few times to give myself a break.


It was a grey day and more of a workout routine than a fun ride.  The ride was uneventful and I only saw some walkers and a few cats.  Perhaps the highlight was the addition of a garbage can at the end of the Hojack.

Over 12.5 miles.  At times I would think that's no big deal, but it's been so long since I've ridden, even I am thinking... "12.5 miles on a unicycle?!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment