Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Back to Webster Park

This afternoon I again rode at Whiting and then ventured into Webster Park just like the good old days. I rode my KH 24 this time. As expected it was little slower but easier that my fat tire 26.

The KH 24 is way more maneuverable and that makes it more fun to ride in technical situations. Hill climbing was easier but I'm still out of shape and out of practice. I'm not used to the quicker cadence of the smaller wheel and it threw me off a bit. I had a lot of dismounts due to fatigue on hill climbs.

Also it seems like the trails got 25% more rooty in the past few years. This actually may be true due to erosion. Certainly some lines on technical trails have changed which I especially noticed in Webster Park. That place really is great for muni. Overall I was impressed with my riding but I have a long way to go.

I rode 5.74 miles

I brought a "Pulse Oximeter" with me and checked at several points: at home, in the parking lot, during my ride, and back at home. My oxygen went from 98% before the ride to 96% during and after. My highest pulse that I checked was 156 bpm.

















No comments:

Post a Comment