Tuesday, June 30, 2020

End of Sprint Ride

At work we ended a two week sprint today and I celebrated with a muni ride.
Again I went to Whiting and Webster Park but this time I rode into Webster Park first.
Wow I was feeling strong, at least for a while. I'm probably getting into shape more but also wasn't fatigued from riding any of Whiting first. I didn't pull off any miracles but generally rode well and strong.
Or did I? Technically I fell to the ground three times. Generally falling like that is rare for me. Usually if something trips me up I run it out. In any case I only suffered a some small scrapes and bruises.

On my way out of Webster Park I encountered two guys and a dog hiking toward me on the narrow connector trail. The dog was on a leash on the opposite side of the trail from the men. They saw me soon enough so I didn't need to slow down and they reined in the dog to their side. So I rode past and WOAH GRANDMA!!! A elderly woman appeared out of nowhere! She stepped out from behind the men and stepped onto 'my' side of the trail. I'm not sure if she was with them or maybe was wanting to pass them but when they pulled the dog in I think she took the opportunity to fill the new space. Thankfully she saw me just in time but we were both startled and she quickly stepped back in place in the nick of time. I yelled "sorry!" a few times as I rode away. I picture her at home telling her story, "Damn unicycles! What's next? Pogo sticks?!! Get off my trail!"

At Whiting I rode the Green trail. I had a big hand in building that trail with The Friends of Webster Trails and it's quite different from the others. It's all 'benched' and really is impressive. The mountain bikers most definitely love that trail.

I rode 6.8 miles.













No comments:

Post a Comment