Sunday, July 10, 2011

Whiting Webster Challenge

I thought I'd fit one more ride in before my Tuesday weeknight race. So I rode a bit at Whiting this morning.

Again, I tried the red trail, south to north. There's one hill climb that I haven't been able to do. I didn't make it up today, but I'll keep working on it.

I also tried the yellow trail from north to south. Again there is one steep hill climb that's holding me up. I've actually never tried it, because I always ride the opposite way. I made it halfway up, which was actually further than I expected, and I could see it might be possible for me to complete it in the future. So again, I'll keep working on it.

In Webster Park, there are two hill climbs that offer two possible routes, the left route being easier on both. It took me months to be able to climb those left routes, but now I can, more times than not. So today I tried the right routes. Despite several attempts, I failed the first hill. I'll keep working on it! The second hill beat me four times, but I succeeded on my fifth attempt! Woo hoo! Still, I'd like to be able to consistently climb it. So I'll keep working on it.

My left elbow has been bothering me lately. I think I strained it while trying to cut some over-sized tree branches with a pair of loppers. Today's hill climb attempts irritated it more, because I pull up on the seat pretty hard at times. Hopefully it will get better soon.

My gps did not record for some unknown reason. My cycling computer said 6.8 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment