Sunday, February 2, 2014

Registered for Singlespeed-a-Palooza

Where 2014 SSAP riders are coming from
Today I registered to the Singlespeed-a-Palooza race.  This year 11 unicyclists registered!  The other 289 racers fall into a variety of categories, but from my point of view they're all just two wheelers.  Having 11 muni riders is a big deal!  Thanks to Dark Horse Cycles for putting this event together and giving us our own class with trophies and prizes!  It's gonna be fun.

I used the registration info from BikeReg to create this map to see where people are coming from.  Just curious.  Unicyclists are definitely willing to travel farther for this!

I expected Dustin to register but he didn't.  He's still gonna train for spring riding so that's cool.  By next spring he'll be a muni machine!

I too continue to train, but really I'm just trying to stay in shape.  Training should involve more riding, but poor trail conditions make them off limits and roads aren't much better.  Hopefully I get at least a month of good riding conditions.   I'm still doing Insanity workouts and finished my "recovery week" which still had some decent cardio in it.  But then with no day of rest it goes into Fit Test AND Max Interval Circuit on the same day.  My heart was pounding harder than ever after the fit test, probably because I want to beat my previous numbers and I decide not to do another whole workout.  I skipped it and ended up resting yesterday because I wasn't feeling good.  Today I made up the Max Interval Circuit workout.  I'm not happy that the "Max" workouts for the next 4 weeks are each an hour long and in this one there were a lot of arm movements that I'm not a fan of.  Punching the air just doesn't seem effective and it's leg exercises that really get the heart and breathing going.  I'll give this week a try, suspecting the next workouts are better, but I might have to mix things up if I'm not getting the workout I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment