Friday, July 31, 2009

Around the Block, Around the House

Tonight I rode three times around the block, with long breaks in between. I think I'm getting less tired. Mostly my legs start burning. Unlike a bicycle, I can never coast and I'm always controlling my speed. Sometimes my weight is more on my feet and not enough on the seat. I gather that with practice I'll become more efficient at doing all this and will be able to do longer rides.

I also tried riding through the grass around the house. One time I got all the way around but fell short about six other times. There is greater resistance in the grass than on the street, which means I'm pushing harder and constantly stalling. And of course there are little hills and valleys in the lawn that catch me by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment