Sunday, September 5, 2010

Whiting and Webster Park - 2010-09-05

We got a nice break in the heat yesterday but the wind has been blowing wild. Today is calmer. I got out to Whiting and Webster Park.
I successfully repeated some of my harder hill climbs and rooty sections, but some still taunt me.

Feeling more comfortable with my route in Webster Park, I tried expanding a bit. But I found there where a lot of overgrown and unappealing trails. There still might be hope to finding another good loop in there, but I didn't find it today.

On my second run through Whiting, I felt a sting on the top of my right ankle. I thought it was a thorn at first, but I dismounted and found a bee was under the tongue of my shoe. I flicked him off and pulled the stinger out by lifting my sock, which it had gone through. I haven't had a bee sting in a long long time. I'm not deathly allergic, so the area just stings and is red.
Odometer says 10 miles even.

Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2010-09-05

No comments:

Post a Comment