Friday, April 20, 2012

Consistent Hill Climbs

This afternoon I rode at Whiting and Webster Park and continued to push up the hills. I kind of impressed myself in a couple of ways.

Half the battle of climbing hills on the trails is fighting the incline and the other half is fighting the roots. The steeper the incline, the more sensitive I am to getting over roots and navigating around them. Today there were a good number of times when I was so very close to losing this battle but I managed to correct and hold on. Yay me!

I was also able to climb my red hill nemesis twice today! Yay me again!

Along the way I met a couple hiking in Webster Park. They were curious about my unicycling and we got talking. I liked them a lot. They appreciate the trails and The Friends of Webster Trails, and liked sharing Webster Park even with bikers, despite having a trail running right along their property line. Not all neighbors are this cool.  It also turns out their now adult son had a unicycle as a kid and it's up in their garage rafters. I gave them my phone number so I could buy it if they are interested. We'll see.

Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2012-04-20

No comments:

Post a Comment