Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First Muni Ride of 2012

It was about 50°F this afternoon and I left work a few hours early to go for my first muni ride of the year. It pretty much felt like I picked up right where I left off, unlike last year when I felt more out of shape on my first real muni ride.  Maybe the P90X helped.
My plan was to ride into Webster Park too, but on my way out of Whiting who did I see? Jamie! Coincidentally he was heading into Whiting for his first muni ride. He has been practicing his riding but had yet to hit any real trails.  So instead of heading into Webster Park I rode with Jamie.
He's doing vey well for having started in November.  He had bunch of good long runs and made some gutsy attempts to climb and decend some hills.

It's kind of surreal.  At the end of last season Jamie saw me riding at the trails, and now he's riding!

Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2012-04-03

No comments:

Post a Comment