Sunday, April 29, 2012

Venturing Further Into Webster Park

After yesterday's Pick Up The Parks hike I was inspired to ride some trails in Webster Park that are outside my standard route.

I took a camera and stopped to take pictures of landmarks that might be useful for navigating in the future: trail signs, blazes, intersections, bridges, etc.

It really does seem crazy in Webster Park.  It feels like I encountered another trail intersection every minute and there are a lot of unmarked trails.

I think I'll add some of these trails to my usual ride, and slowly add more and more.  I'd like to really know Webster Park.

My ride was good... some good climbs, some good hops.  I continue to get more comfortable with my high gear, shifting more consistently. My hamstrings started cramping up on my last few hill climbs.  I hate that feeling.  If I don't let up I know I'll end up on on the ground in agony.  I'll probably be bringing energy gels with me more regularly.

Lately I've been working with some gps map tools and image geotagging for the Friends of Webster Trails.  So I practiced some more with doing that:
Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2012-04-29

No comments:

Post a Comment