Friday, April 13, 2012

Current Hill Challenges

I left work a few hours this afternoon to do some riding. The weather was nice and my brain was fried.

I rode at Whiting and Webster park.  You'd think I'd get bored at these places, but there are still a number of hills that challenge me and I continue to make progress.

At Whiting I made it up a major hill on the red trail.  I believe this is the second time I've done it, the first being back in September.  Later I rode the yellow trail in the opposite direction I usually do, to attempt the steepest hillclimb on that trail.  I didn't make it but I got further than ever.  In the past I made it about halfway, but this time I was at about two-thirds.  Although the incline is certainly near my limit, I think it's the roots that make it most difficult for me.  Changing direction on a steep ascent to avoid larger roots is tricky.

Just writing about this makes me excited to try again.  I guess I like a challenge.

Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2012-04-13

No comments:

Post a Comment