Sunday, April 1, 2012

Catching Up

Things have been busy lately and I have neglected my blog a bit, so here's a summary.

P90X
P90X Phase 3 has been a failure so far.  With spring here my mind is just not in it.  I'm also fairly burnt out on it.  I thing the biggest problem is the length of the workouts.  I think I'd like to create my own workouts that are about half as long.  I lost 10 lbs in two months, and got a bit stronger.  It was certainly better than continuing to be dormant.

Riding
While I read about the local mountain bikers getting out to the trails, I have yet to ride.  During the nicer weather my uni wasn't ready, life was busy, and I figured the trails were still a bit wet.  And whenever the weather hasn't been perfect I've shied away from riding.  But soon I will ride!!

Weight Weenie
During the winter I collected some lighter weight parts for my muni.  I'll be posting about those details soon.


FWT
I'm still somewhat active in The Friends of Webster Trails.  We have our monthly meetings, but I also attended a public meeting on March 5th regarding concerns about extending Whiting Road Nature Preserve's green trail to the north.  Some area residence are concerned about things like protecting deer, having hunters in the area, privacy, crime, and noise.  Fortunately for the trail lovers, the town decided to continue to allow trail development.  FWT will work with the neighbors to try to keep everyone as happy as possible.
I'm also planning on leading one of the two FWT trail work days each month.  The first one is two weeks away!
I've also been working a bit with another FWT board member to improve our maps and abilities to create and change them.

GROC
 I don't think there's been much GROC activity happening lately.  Everyone's probably busy riding!

Webster Park
Monroe County had a public meeting on March 21st for residents to offer suggestions on the Webster Park Master Plan.  The attendance was nowhere near what it was for the Powder Mill Park or Ellison Park Area master plans.  But a few from GROC and FWT attended, as well as people with a variety of other interests from butterflies to pickle ball!  As far as opening Webster Park to offroad cycling, for now it will not be considered.  Perhaps that's why attendance was light.  We must wait for the current Tryon and Bay Park West evaluation period to be completed, sometime around November.  So maybe next year.


That's all for now!

3 comments:

  1. What is Pickle Ball? (yes, I could Google it, but that lacks social interaction)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pickleball is a racquet sport which combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. The sport is played on a court with the same dimensions as a doubles badminton court. The net is similar to a tennis net, but is mounted two inches lower. The game is played with a hard paddle and a polymer wiffle ball.

    ReplyDelete