Thursday, May 24, 2012

Conquered the Yellow... Twice!

I used a few hours of vacation this afternoon to ride at Whiting and Webster Park.  It was something like 80°F today, but there was a breeze and the humidity was fine, so riding was good.

The ride was fairly typical aside from the fact that I successfully climbed the hill on Whiting's Yellow trail!  This was a first for me.  And I confirmed that once I'm past the middle, the rest is manageable.

Later, after coming out of Webster Park and back into the Whiting parking lot, I saw my wife Amy had stopped by with her camera.  She decided to drive over and take some pictures of me riding.  I figured the closest location with anything interesting was the Yellow trail hill, so we headed there.  I actually rode a bunch of laps until she was in position.  Kessa, my two year old daughter liked that she kept meeting up with me.

Pictures and video tend to flatten the hills, but Amy did get a few good pics.  And I once again climbed the Yellow hill!



To finish up my ride I rode the Red trail in the opposite direction knowing I has one last hill in Whiting to conquer.  I failed, but that's ok.  It's more fulfilling to slay the dragon after a long battle than in a single strike.

Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2012-05-24

No comments:

Post a Comment