Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mid-Week Ride

I took a few hours off from work and rode at Whiting and Webster.  I'd like to ride several times a week.

I tried to ride faster and rest less. I think I did well. But I encountered a Friend Of Webster Trails friend and stopped to talk a bit. Plus I got stuck behind a jogger for a short stretch, and stopped for an energy bar another time.

I continue to get better at shifting my geared hub. I'm more likely to shift to high gear even if I know I'll need to shift back down in just a moment. I'm also feeling way more comfortable in high gear than ever before.

Over a month ago I mentioned being saddle sore and figured it was just because I hadn't ridden in a while.  But there was one spot on my leg that was getting chaffed after every ride and I checked my saddle but found nothing.  But finally, last time I rode I looked closer and found a small pucker of fabric on my saddle.  I was able to adjust the seat fabric and since then it's all good.  I guess it makes sense that even a small deformation in the saddle could cause irritation when you count the number of revolutions I make over miles and miles.

Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2012-05-17

No comments:

Post a Comment