Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bay Park Wednesday

Just like last Wednesday, I took a few hours off from work to ride at Bay Park West.  My ride was good though I had a few more UPDs than typical.  Maybe I can blame it on the humidity or my lack of sleep.  One step-off caused me to pull a calf muscle a bit.  UPDs happen suddenly and I think sometimes a muscle reacts reflexively and too strongly, straining itself.  About an hour and a half into my ride I was near my car but decided I should push myself and ride some more.  In the first 20 feet of the first hill climb my calf cramped bad and I decided it best to be done.

I especially wanted to push myself because the Suicide 6 race is Sunday and I'm considering it.  It's a mountain bike race at Harriet Hollister Spencer Park in which you ride as many laps as you can in six hours.  I rode this race two years ago.  I'm glad I have this blog to look back and read what it was like.  It was tough on my lower back and quads and I managed only two laps, and headed home well before the event was over.  Maybe I should ride this year and try to do three?  It's nice to think I'm strong and better than two years ago, and I bet I am, but by how much?

Muni at Bay Park West - 2013-08-07 at EveryTrail

No comments:

Post a Comment