Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ride Before Work

Lately I've been riding longer and pushing myself more, which leaves me a bit sore the next day. So I've only been doing one big ride per weekend. Today I started what I hope will be a weekly routine of riding on Wednesday morning before I head in to work.

I rode at Whiting and Webster Park. I've finally put some pieces together and found a good loop through Webster Park. All I really needed to do was take the time to look at my past GPS maps and connect the dots. I've never liked the many valleys within Webster Park, because what goes down must go up. And the ups are always steeper than I'd like.
But this morning I actually enjoyed the challenge. While I didn't make it up any new hills in Webster Park, I "saw the light" several times.

I got into work 2 hours late and used vacation time. At that rate, I'll only use one vacation day per month. Good deal!

Oh, and I rode my furthest yet. 11.4 miles according to GPS.
I should get a cycling computer to check the accuracy of that. I bet a lot of smaller turns aren't being picked up by GPS, so my actually riding distance might be longer.

Muni at Whiting and Webster Park - 2010-08-18

No comments:

Post a Comment