Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cleared Webster Park Trails

Tonight I spent a few hours in Webster Park clearing some of the downed trees I found annoying a few days ago. I doubt the park or county would encourage rogue trail work, but hopefully it's no big deal.  I only used a small bow saw and that made the work a bit difficult.  A few big trees will require someone to come through with a chainsaw.  If someone did have a chainsaw they would have done the work I did in a tenth of the time, but I'm not sure when or if that will happen. So I'm happy to have done it.

Here are some pics:

I'm not sure if I'll try to clear any of the bigger trees on this trail. Maybe I'll just point them out to the park people. I also noticed some other opportunities. With the rain we had earlier today, it was obvious that this trail has a water problem. There are a fair number of mud pits. I wasn't really looking for solutions, but I did see a few places where the trail could easily be shifted a few feet to higher ground. I don't have any immediate plans for that work.
I turned my GPS on late but I hiked in the same trail as I hiked out.

Trail work at Webster Park - 2013-05-09

No comments:

Post a Comment