Sunday, May 5, 2013

Exploring Webster Park, Again

It must be every year that I venture further into Webster Park to try to sort out the tangle of trails and find some good routes. Webster Park is a confusing place.  Normally I start from the Whiting parking lot and generally ride a lollipop shaped route through Webster Park.  I often add on the Midnight trail, another lollipop, to the south, and extend my ride to the north on some other trail, but along the way I pass a lot of optional trails that I don't yet have mapped in my mind.

Today I did some more exploring.  I don't think I rode on any trails I've never been on, but hopefully I made a little more sense out of the confusion.  I'd like to be able to find another loop or two to add to my options.  I didn't take good notes, but with my GPS data I think I'll be able to ride next time with some purpose.

At one point in today's ride I failed to dodge a low hanging vine.  It happened to have thorns, caught my ear, and sliced the edge nicely.

Without a mirror or camera I couldn't see the damage on the trail, but I dabbed it with a tissue as a rode.  Hopefully it will heal up and not leave me horribly disfigured.

Muni at Webster Park - 2013-05-05

No comments:

Post a Comment