Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hojack with Kyle

(over the shoulder blind video frame)
Today I rode the Hojack trail and my son Kyle came along with me on a mountain bike.  It was a bit chilly out and the winds were strong, especially as we rode west.

It was a fairly uneventful ride.  Though on the way back there was a woman jogging in the same direction we were riding.  She was in the middle of the trail so as we approached her from behind I gave her a "hello" warning, expecting she'd give us some room to pass.  She was listening to music and didn't hear us, so I repeated my "hello" getting progressively louder and closer until I was basically yelling at the top of my lungs right behind her.  No response.  What the heck!  I dismounted and ran up along side her pushing my uni until she finally saw me and took her ear-buds out.  I told her I had been yelling to alert her and she must have her music way too loud.  I'm sure she could tell I was pretty irritated though I was smiling and laughing about it.  She apologized, also smiling, so hopefully she didn't feel too bad. We passed her and moved on.  Seriously though, if you're gonna listen to music in public you should be able to hear what's going on around you.  Personally, I like to hear the sounds of nature and even suburban noises as I ride.  In more twisting trails, hearing is important to avoid turning a sharp corner and running into someone.

Muni on Road and Hojack - 2013-05-25

No comments:

Post a Comment